DOMOTEX 2018 Is Just around the Corner
Marking its 30th year, DOMOTEX 2018, January 12 – 15, will be the largest rug and flooring show in the world. Held in Hannover, Germany, the international lineup totals 1,400 exhibits from 60 countries. The Deutsche Messe Exhibition Hall has ample, flexible spaces so that new activities and special features will be added to the program.
The exhibition space encourages networking among new target groups and professional visitors. Hall 9 will be the hub for companies that focus on brands and lifestyles. Product segments will be displayed in dedicated display areas. DOMOTEX continues to be a place for inspiration and increased enthusiasm as well as a trend barometer of increasing accuracy. As an international event, DOMOTEX fosters international business contacts. The venue offers restaurants, coffee shops, and conversation areas for casual socialization with old friends and new acquaintances.
Hannover is a fascinating city to explore with world-class museums, galleries, and theaters plus extensive parks. A frequent host to large exhibitions, the city offers accommodations in all price ranges including rooms and apartments in private homes. The exhibition hall is easily reached by public transportation — the train stops a skywalk away from Hall 13. Busses and trams run frequently, and a shuttle service runs right from the airport. Car parking options are extensive.
The keynote theme “UNIQUE YOUNIVERSE” reflects the strong trend toward innovation and the growing focus on innovation, trends, and lifestyles. Display categories include the following:
- handmade carpets and rugs
- machine-made carpets and rugs
- mats and clean-off systems
- textile floor coverings
- resilient floor coverings
- application and installation technology
- parquet, laminate, and wood flooring
- outdoor coverings
Visitors will see the latest trends and creative product presentations by brand and lifestyle focused companies. A “Framing Trends” display in Hall 9 brand and lifestyle-oriented companies are offering a diverse realm of experience – both by means of company exhibits as well four modules on the theme UNIQUE YOUNIVERSE:
- Flooring Spaces where trendsetters will display creative product showcases
- Living Spaces where flooring exhibitors team with interior designers to display inspiring and innovative spaces
- NuThinkers for students, startups, and young designers to showcase innovative products and service individualization
- Art and Interaction, a sensory extravaganza from the worlds of art and design illustrating the theme UNIQUE YOUNIVERSE.
Carpet design awards will be announced on Saturday, January 13, and two new categories have been added for a total of eight awards:
- Best Studio Artist Design: original small-scale production design from an artist or designer (open to non-exhibitors)
- Best Modern Design Superior: original contemporary designs showing optimum use of materials
- Best Modern Design Deluxe: original contemporary designs showing optimum use of materials
- Best Transitional Design: a new rug that interprets traditional designs for a contemporary audience
- Best Flatweave Design: original rug design demonstrating the flatweave technique
- Best Collection: contemporary traditional or transitional design collections demonstrating a common theme
- Best Interior: a high-end customisation project or rug installation demonstrated with high-quality images
- Best Communication: a successful marketing or branding campaign demonstrated with high-quality images
Twenty-four shortlisted carpets or entries will be displayed in Hall 9 throughout the exhibition. The international jury will be chaired by Michael Mandapati who is a carpet expert and president of Warp & Weft, New York. Design, quality, and craftsmanship are key to a winning entry.
Visitors can expect numerous new developments and lifestyle features as well as a wealth of inspiration from all over the globe. For creative ideas on using familiar materials, new techniques, and the next generation’s designer’s surprising concepts, DOMOTEX is the place to be. DOMOTEX is the place to display your product with flare to an international audience.
Representatives from Landry & Arcari will be visitng this show, so we hope to see you there!
A one-day admission ticket is 31 Euro ($37). For the full event, the cost is 51 Euro ($60).